There are many human foods that are good for dogs. The thing is that you must keep it healthy, low quantity and not give them too often.
There are many human foods that can be dangerous and toxic for dogs so make sure that you only give healthy foods to dogs.
Keep in mind that every dog is different, dogs with certain health conditions, food sensitivities and weight issues have different nutritional needs. If you are not sure of your dog's nutritional needs, you should get guidance from the veterinarians.
Here is a list of nutritious human foods that are safe and that dogs can eat.
These are Human Foods that are Good for Dogs
- Apples (no seeds)
- Apricots (no pits)
- Baby food (all-natural)
- Berries (fresh and frozen)
- Bran cereal
- Bread (without raisins or nuts)
- Broccoli (raw)
- Carrots - Good for the dog's teeth.
- Cauliflower (raw)
- Cheese (American, cheddar)
- Chicken (cooked, no bones or skin)
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Croutons (plain)
- Eggs (cooked)
- Flax seed (ground or oil)
- Green beans (canned, no salt)
- Mint (helps with bad breath)
- Nectarines (no pits)
- Orange slices (no rinds)
- Organ meats (giblets, liver, tongue, heart, gizzards
- Pasta noodles (cooked)
- Peanut butter (creamy or chunky, preferably all-natural)
- Pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- Popcorn (no salt, toppings or kernals)
- Potatoes (mashed, no butter, skin or green parts)
- Pumpkin (canned)
- Rice (cooked)
- Rice cakes
- Sunflower seeds (unsalted)
- Sweet potatoes
- Tomatoes (no greens or stems)
- Tuna (and the juice from canned tuna)
- Turkey (cooked, no bones or skin)
- Yogurt (plain, lowfat, unflavored, unsweetened) - Good source of calcium and protein.
What kind of human food do you give to your dogs?
Leave your comments below!
Introduce more personality into the feeding time with a custom dog bowl!
SIGN UP TO OUR EMAILS
Join our email list for the latest news, exclusive offers and sales
She eats hills dry food and she likes cauliflower and carrots. These are special treats if we are having for dinner.